Lookout Initial (U) (1/2 Day)
Accredited by: NSAR
The Lookout course enables current PTS Cardholders to perform the duties of a lookout on the Network Rail Managed infrastructure. You will learn and gain the knowledge and skills required for the Lookout roles.
- Must be a minimum age of 18.
- Must bring Sentinel smart card endorsed with valid PTS.
- The candidate’s Railway Medical needs to be in date with a current Drug and Alcohol test. If you change Employer/Sponsor you will need to take a new Drug and Alcohol test.
- Please advise of any special needs i.e. Dyslexia.
- Photo ID – For British Nationals – a current and valid recognised, branded form of identity token, used for accessing the RMI (Railway Maintained Infrastructure) such as a Sentinel Card, full driving licence, passport, biometric ID Card, resident permit as per Home Office guidance or ‘Validate’ card. For Non-British Nationals – a current and valid passport is required.
At the end of the training the delegate will be able to:
- Take up the position directly by the COSS/SWL maintaining ones own position of safety to keep continuous awareness.
- Demonstrate lookout duties and safe system of work in the lookout warning area
- Describe and list the contents of a Lookout kit
- Demonstrate understanding of skills required by a lookout which are non-technical
- Describe On Track Plant duties of a lookout
- Identify actions to manage challenges of being a lookout and be able to list them
Please note that this course is not bookable by individuals. If you wish to take this course you must get your sponsor to book it on your behalf.
► 0.5 day
► £70 + VAT
► Unit 3, James Yard 480 Larkshall Road, E4 9UA