The Site Warden course enables current PTS Cardholders to perform the duties of a lookout on the Network Rail Managed infrastructure. You will learn and gain the knowledge and skills required for the Site Warden roles.
- Must be a minimum age of 18.
- Must bring Sentinel smart card endorsed with valid PTS.
- The candidates Railway Medical needs to be in date with a current Drug and Alcohol test. If you change Employer/Sponsor you will need to take a new Drug and Alcohol test.
- Please advise of any special needs i.e. Dyslexia.
- Photo ID – For British Nationals – a current and valid recognised, branded form of identity token, used for accessing the RMI (Railway Maintained Infrastructure) such as a Sentinel Card, full driving licence, passport, biometric ID Card, resident permit as per Home Office guidance or ‘Validate’ card. For Non-British Nationals – a current and valid passport is required.
- At the end of the training the delegate will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of relevant standards and procedures with undertaking Site warden duties
- Explain the PPE and equipment required for Site warden role
- Be able to describe the individual role and responsibilities of Site Warden
- Describe and be able to brief the role of COSS & PIC
- Demonstrate emergency actions to protect the workforce, public and freight
- Explain risks associated with different safe systems of work
Please note that this course is not bookable by individuals. If you wish to take this course you must get your sponsor to book it on your behalf.