Accredited by: NSAR
This course is designed to train individuals who are new to track and those whose work may involve the maintenance, inspection or renewal of the track or other duties that may affect the stability, position or integrity of the track infrastructure. It is designed to develop a person’s knowledge, understanding and skills as defined in the competence standard.
- Must be a minimum age of 18.
- Must bring Sentinel smart card endorsed with valid PTS
- Manual Handling, Fire Awareness & Emergency Fist Aid Qualification
- Meet the medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124
- Competence Specific Fitness Medical Requirements to minimum medical level 3 (must be eligible to work alone – cannot attend if they must be accompanied) and Must have sufficient command of English language
- Please advise of any special needs i.e. Dyslexia
- Photo ID – For British Nationals – a current and valid recognised, branded form of identity token, used for accessing the RMI (Railway Maintained Infrastructure) such as a Sentinel Card, full driving licence, passport, biometric ID Card, resident permit as per Home Office guidance or ‘Validate’ card. For Non-British Nationals – a current and valid passport is required.
- Proof the candidate has Manual Handling and Emergency First Aid
- Identify and describe the function of each of the component parts of the track infrastructure ie Switches & crossings, ballast, fastening, insulators, fishplates, bolts
- Over head line equipment, including structures, catenaries; earth, red and yellow bonds
- Signalling equipment
- Dismantling, installation, adjustment and replacement techniques
- Restrictions affected by the weather
► 5 Days
► £379 + VAT
► Unit 3 James Yard, 480 Larkshall Road, London E4 9UA